AN OUTSTANDING WELL EQUIPPED GRADE 2 ARABLE FARM
EXTENDING TO APPROXIMATELY
285 ACRES (115.34 HECTARES)
FOR SALE BY INFORMAL TENDER
FREEHOLD WITH VACANT POSSESSION SUBJECT TO HOLDOVER
Bleak House Farm is situated in Dairy Drove on the south side of the A47 Road between Thorney and Guyhirn and 9½ miles north east of the City of Peterborough.
Bleak House Farm is a highly productive arable Farm comprising six (6) well shaped enclosures within a ring fence. There is a wide access from Dairy Drove providing access to a range of modern agricultural crop storage and machinery storage buildings.
The Buildings are approached over a substantial access roadway from Dairy Drove and comprise:-
GRAIN STORE 29.5m x 15m (constructed 1990) steel portal frame with fibre cement roof, roof lights, steel pressure walling and central drying tunnel. Drive on ventilated drying floor. Two sets of sliding steel entrance doors. The Store is capable of holding 850 Tonnes of Wheat.
EAST SIDE LEAN TO MACHINERY STORE 24.5m x 8.8m steel portal frame with fibre cement roof, roof lights, steel base walls with fibre cement upper walls. Three section sliding entrance doors. Polished concrete floor.
CENTRE REAR STORE 9.8m x 15m steel portal frame with fibre cement roof, roof lights and four section sliding entrance doors. Concrete floor.
GRAIN STORE 30.3m x 10m (constructed 2000) steel portal frame with fibre cement roof, roof lights, steel external cladding to external walls with internal steel grain pressure walling, central drying tunnel and drive on ventilated flooring. Two Axial Flow electric fans with Wellvent control unit. Access doors to both ends. The store is capable of holding 450 tonnes of Wheat.
GENERAL PURPOSE STORE 29m x 9.5m steel framed Romney design with PVC coated steel external cladding, roof lights, concrete floor, electric lighting and three phase and single phase power points. Double entrance doors to southern end.
The Buildings are served by well proportioned concrete aprons and spacious access and hardstanding areas.
Mains Water, Single Phase and Three Phase Electricity are available at the Yard.
A steel mains supplied water storage tank is located adjacent to the Yard access area.
Bleak House Farm is extensively underdrained and Plans of Underdrainage Schemes are available for inspection at the Agents Offices.
METHOD OF SALE
Bleak House Farm is for sale by Informal Tender as a whole with Vacant Possession Subject to Holdover.
Drainage Rates are payable to the North Level Internal Drainage Board. For the year ending 31st March 2018 the rates payable amount to £2,161.33.
MINERAL RIGHTS AND SPORTING RIGHTS
The mineral rights and sporting rights are included in the sale.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS
All fixtures and fittings are to be excluded from the sale unless specifically referred to in these particulars.
There will be no charge for the Tenantright made by the outgoing owner occupier and in return the Purchaser(s) will make no claim whatsoever for dilapidations (if any) against the Vendor.
BASIC PAYMENT SCHEME
Basic Payment Scheme Entitlements are included in the sale.
WAYLEAVES, EASEMENTS AND RIGHTS OF WAY
Bleak House Farm is offered for sale subject to and with the benefit of all existing rights, including Rights of Way whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and electricity supplies and other rights, easements, quasi easements and all wayleaves whether referred to or not in these particulars.
- The Vendors reserve the right to store harvested crops in the buildings up to and including 31st December 2017.
- The Vendors reserve the right to hold a sale of Farming Machinery, Equipment and Chattels on the property at any time prior to 31st May 2018 including the use of some buildings and parts of the property as is necessary for this purpose.
VALUE ADDED TAX
Should any sale of the property or any right attached to it become a chargeable supply for the purposes of Value Added Tax such tax will be payable by the purchaser in addition to the purchase price. Value Added Tax is payable in respect of Basic Payment Scheme Entitlements.
|Field||Claimable Area (Ha)||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017|
|4216||20.07||Wheat||Wheat||Oil Seed Rape||Wheat||Peas||Wheat|
|6418||19.01||Oil Seed Rape||Wheat||Wheat||Beans||Wheat||Wheat|
|8524||20.71||Wheat||Peas||Wheat||Wheat||Oil Seed Rape||Wheat|
|0730||21.67||Wheat||Oil Seed Rape||Wheat||Wheat||Wheat||Peas|
|1587||12.41||Peas||Wheat||Wheat||Oil Seed Rape||Wheat||Wheat|
PLANS, AREAS, SCHEDULES AND GENERAL REMARKS
- These have been prepared as carefully as possible using information available from the Land Registry Title Plans and Rural Land Registry Plans. Copies of these plans are available for inspection at the offices of the Selling Agents. The Plan attached to the Sale Particulars is for identification purposes only.
- A brick building and access to the east side of Bleak House on the Dairy Drove frontage with grassed area although owned by the Vendors is not included in the sale of the Farm. The building is currently subject of a Planning Application for Change of Use to Residential. Following receipt of a decision from the Local Authority the building will be offered for Sale at Valuation to the purchaser of the Farm. The building and access/grass area extends to approximately 0.455 Hectare (1.12 Acre).
Interested parties wishing to view the Farm may do so strictly by Appointment with the Selling Agents.
Prospective Purchaser(s) wishing to submit an Informal Tender for the land should fully complete the relevant attached Tender Form and return it sealed in the envelope provided to arrive at the Auctioneers Offices at or before 5.00pm on
FRIDAY 14TH JULY 2017
- No escalating bids will be accepted.
- The Vendor reserves the right not to accept any particular Informal Tender or the highest Informal Tender received.
- Should the Informal Tender be subject to borrowings or the sale of any other property then full details should be given and confirmation of any agreed borrowings provided.
- All Tenders will be received ‘Subject to Contract’ and will be acknowledged following the Closing Date and Time for submission of Informal Tenders. A further letter will be dispatched by
MONDAY 24TH JULY 2017
notifying Tenderer(s) whether or not his/her/their Tender has been successful. The Successful Tenderer will then be required to pay straightaway, Subject to Contract, a ten per cent (10%) deposit upon the amount of the accepted Informal Tender to the Vendor’s Agents and details of the sale and purchase will be advised to both the Vendor’s and the Purchaser(s) Solicitors.
FOR INFORMAL TENDER FORM PLEASE CONTACT HIX AND SON
Messrs Hix and Son, No. 28 Church Street, Holbeach, Nr. Spalding, Lincolnshire PE12 7LL. Telephone: 01406 422777. Fax: 01406 426142. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maples LLP, No. 23 New Road, Spalding, Lincolnshire PE11 1DH. (Gemma Mayer). Telephone: 01775 722261. Fax: 01775 767525.
Ref: CS/980/LJB (Particulars prepared May 2017)